Hello! It’s the new year. Happy new year!
So, I’ve had the best reading year in a really long time, which seems like a good way to end my “childhood” since I’ll be graduating in 2015. What’d you guys think? I read 94 books. It felt so good. 😀
Well, I decided to do the traditional holiday thing for a book blogger and list my favourite books that I read this year. I also read a lot of excellent books this year so it was a bit of a struggle picking the BEST ones. But here goes. 🙂 The ones in bold are on my list of all time favourites. 😀 I’ve also decided to only list one book by a single author so I’ve had some tough choices because I had to decide which book by talented authors I adored more. It’s everyone’s worst nightmare isn’t it? But I’m very ruthless about such things. This is why I’m one of the people that has a Favourite Harry Potter book and don’t just shmush the whole series into one huge book when I put it in a list. I think that’s cheating. Yes I do. And yes, this is one of the many inane things I feel VERY strongly about.
- American Gods by Neil Gaiman
- Ready Player One by Ernest Cline
- Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris
- Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn
- Silkworm by Robert Galbraith
- Princess Bride by William Goldman
- Em and the Big Hoom by Jerry Pinto
- The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry
- Lord of the Flies by WIlliam Golding
- We Need to Talk about Kevin by Lionel Shriver
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
If you guys want me to review any of these books, let me know. 🙂 I’ve talked about some of these already but I’m too lazy to find links to post the links to all those posts. It’s New Year’s Day and I’m lazier than average on a regular day. Today, it’s a miracle I’m even awake! (I woke up because I had to pee and then I felt hungry so I figured I might as well get out of bed. Sigh.)
Anyway, have a great reading year, peeps. 😀
I will post a review or two soon, once I get round to actually finishing a book.True to form, I’ve only read one book in the last 8 days since i got home. I’m in the middle of two excellent books though, and I will review them within the week. Cheers to that.